The office of Brad Vis, Member of Parliament for Mission-Matsqui-Fraser Canyon is looking for a part-time Community Outreach Liaison. Please see below for more details. Interested candidate are invited to send their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Community Outreach Liaison is a key community engagement position and often first point of contact for constituents and stakeholders in the far reaches of the riding. The Community Outreach Liaison will report to the Constituency Manager, maintain a high degree of professionalism and will be responsible for the duties below. This is a part-time position with hours sometimes outside of standard office hours. Travel is required.
- Coordinates Fraser Canyon trips for the Member and all Mobile Office trips throughout the Fraser Canyon and Harrison Hot Springs/Agassiz. Coordinates communication of these trips through posters, newspaper ads and social media.
- Proactively searches for opportunities for the Member to participate in community events. Maintains the community events calendar. Proposes events for the office to host.
- Prepares community engagement correspondence including invitations, certificates, thank you cards, student packages, community feedback cards, etc.
- Provides various administrative and/or business services for the Member and staff to ensure the flow of operations and to help the constituency office achieve its goals and priorities.
- Helps with special projects that aim to improve the effectiveness of the office’s administrative operations.
- Data entry.
- Meeting and invitation intake using provided templates.
- Performs other related duties within the scope of the position. Assistance in other areas of the office may be reasonably needed beyond this list. Flexibility is required.